Magical Mystery Square Knitting Pattern
Choose five colours
Cast on 30 stitches
Colour 1. Knit 4 rows
Colour 2. Knit 18 rows
Colour 3. Knit 2 rows
Colour 4. Knit 14 rows
Colour 5. Knit 18 rows
Cast off the stitches
Now for the Magic!
1. On the wrong side of the knitting fold the two sides together. Pin them 2 stitches from the edge.
2. Thread a large wool needle with wool and sew with backstitch starting at the bottom of the square and matching the colours.
3. Pin the top edges together and sew across the top of the square. Tie a knot at the end.
4. Turn back to the right side and fill the tube with soft fibre fill.
5. Sew across the base of the tube adding extra fibre to keep it firm.
6. Stitch through from centre front to centre back to divide the tube in half, but only for 16 rows.
7. Stitch through at each side 3 stitches from edges, starting above colour 3. Stitch for 10 rows.
8. Stitch around under the first row of colour 5 and pull tight. Knot and finish off thread.